Student Tech Support Specialist
starting $14 per hour!
Full-Time Shifts: Monday – Friday 9am – 9pm.
Celebrating 40+ years in business, we employ hundreds of customer service representatives who provide call center services for our national clients such as Justice, Lane Bryant, Vineyard Vines, Dooney & Bourke, Metropolitan Museum of Art, MoMA, Crate and Barrel, Lacoste and many more.The Student Tech Support Specialist will work in our Margate contact center, providing
The Student Tech Support Specialist will work in our Margate contact center, providing technical support services to students and caretakers as they set up and use our technology to learn at a distance, from initial start up, troubleshooting, and virus/spyware removal, to resolution of software, hardware, printer, and dial- up/DSL/cable-modem/network issues.
Are you looking for a career?
A company you can call home?
Opportunity for growth?
Global Response is a great place to work!
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, printer, and dial-up/DSL/cable-modem/network issues by actively listening to the caller and asking appropriate questions to build a solution
- Troubleshoot Connexus (online school) issues (Internet/application issues)
- Log all calls in call tracking system, creating detailed, accurate entries
- Escalate calls when necessary according to guidelines
- Remote into callers’ computers when necessary using the appropriate student tech support processes
- Define and feedback/recap user problems while providing a detailed solution to resolve each issue
- Proactively follow-up (outbound) with callers (in between inbound calls) to verify that problems were resolved
- Respond to voicemails and WebMails, follow up with responses to message board posts, and create trouble tickets as necessary
- Maintain a current level of understanding of the details of home networking, high-speed Internet, dial-up and application functionality
- Act as liaison for web-based application problems between users and developers
- Assist in the collection of data for identifying user requirements that may result in future system development or training
- Keep current with development of new system features
- Work with manager to implement products and processes to increase Student Tech Support team efficiencies and quality
- Work to perform other duties which may be necessary for the organization, including manual labor, such as staging materials, packing, inventory, and delivery
- Exceptional phone manners and customer service skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven positive attitude
- Highly detailed oriented
- Proven problem-solving methodology
- Outstanding resourcefulness and creativity in providing timely service to callers
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply large amounts of detailed information rapidly
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous and efficient manner
- Prior technical contact center / Help Desk experience required
- Strong working knowledge of the Application Service Provider (ASP) model, Windows 2000/XP, Vista, and Windows 7, Office 2007/XP, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook 2007, Internet Explorer 7 and 8, Firefox
- Mac experience a plus
- Strong remote troubleshooting and working knowledge of dial-up ISP’s, high speed connections (DSL/Cable-Modem) and TCP/IP
- Strong remote troubleshooting and working knowledge of home networking/devices and wireless devices
- Ability to make quick and clear decisions in accordance with company policy
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multitask while managing users’ expectations
- College degree preferred
Global Response offers benefits and perks for eligible employees, including:
- Paid Training
- Weekly Pay
- Growth Opportunities
- Flexible Schedule
- And many more…