Student Tech Support Specialists
Global Response is looking for motivated and enthusiastic Student Tech Support Specialists to join our dynamic team. You will be working with a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12.
Our Client delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the U.S. and beyond, are already utilizing their learning products and services.
The Student Tech Support Specialist will work in our Margate contact center, providing technical support services to students and caretakers as they set up and use our technology to learn at a distance, from initial startup, troubleshooting, and virus/spyware removal, to resolution of software, hardware, printer, and dial-up/DSL/cable-modem/network issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, printer, and dial-up/DSL/cable-modem/network issues by actively listening to the caller and asking appropriate questions to build a solution
- Troubleshoot Conexus (online school) issues (Internet/application issues)
- Log all calls in call tracking system, creating detailed, accurate entries
- Escalate calls when necessary according to guidelines
- Remote in to callers’ computers when necessary using the appropriate student tech support processes
- Define and feedback/recap user problems while providing a detailed solution to resolve each issue
- Proactively follow-up (outbound) with callers (in between inbound calls) to verify that problems were resolved
- Respond to voicemails and Webmail’s, follow up with responses to message board posts, and create trouble tickets as necessary
- Maintain a current level of understanding of the details of home networking, high-speed Internet, dial-up and application functionality
- Act as liaison for web-based application problems between users and developers
- Assist in the collection of data for identifying user requirements that may result in future system development or training
- Keep current with development of new system features
- Work with manager to implement products and processes to increase Student Tech Support team efficiencies and quality
- Work to perform other duties which may be necessary for the organization, including manual labor, such as staging materials, packing, inventory, and delivery
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional phone manners and customer service skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven positive attitude
- Highly detailed oriented
- Proven problem-solving methodology
- Outstanding resourcefulness and creativity in providing timely service to callers
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply large amounts of detailed information rapidly
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous and efficient manner
- Prior technical contact center / Help Desk experience required
- Strong working knowledge of the Application Service Provider (ASP) model, Windows 2000/XP, Vista, and Windows 7, Office 2007/XP, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook 2007, Internet Explorer 7 and 8, Firefox
- Mac experience a plus
- Strong remote troubleshooting and working knowledge of dial-up ISP’s, high speed connections (DSL/Cable-Modem) and TCP/IP
- Strong remote troubleshooting and working knowledge of home networking/devices and wireless devices
- Ability to make quick and clear decisions in accordance with company policy
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multitask while managing users’ expectations
- College degree preferred
Full-Time Shifts: Monday-Friday 9am-9pm
***Background Check required***
- Paid training
- Competitive pay
- Weekly pay
- Growth and advancements (management is often promoted from within)
At Global Response Corporation WE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! Celebrating more than 40 years in business, we provide the finest in customer contact center and fulfillment services. We have the tools, talent and technology essential to providing superior customer service and sales.
We employ hundreds of customer care and sales professionals who provide results – oriented and customized solutions for our national clients such as Metropolitan Museum of Art, MoMA, Crate and Barrel, Lacoste, Tory Burch and many more.
We want to meet you! Apply in-person at 777 S. State Road 7, Margate, FL 33068.
Please use the north-side entrance. For directions by phone, call 954-396-3889.