When it comes to customer service, social media is often not the first channel that comes to mind, if at all. While the better-known communication channels such as phone, email, and online chat continue to be effective, there is another communication channel that is often overlooked. Especially in recent years, social media monitoring has become more and more relevant when it comes to customer service and building a brand.
According to recent studies, most people spend an average of 2.5 hours each day on social media platforms. With 3.8 billion people in the world using social media, this means that social media monitoring services are more important now than ever before. With these statistics, it is no surprise that businesses should see social media monitoring as a huge opportunity to connect with their customers and improve their overall brand experience.
While social media platforms may not have been developed with customer service in mind, companies can certainly benefit from utilizing them to service their customers. In a study conducted by Conversocial, 54% of survey respondents said they prefer to access customer service through new channels like SMS and social, and this trend is only increasing. In fact, JD Power found that 67% of consumers have engaged a brand’s social media for customer service needs.
These numbers should clearly signal to brands that social media is becoming more relevant, and could greatly benefit their business. By offering clients a simple and easy way to contact companies where they already spend their time, it makes finding solutions to their problems extremely convenient. In addition to convenience, there are several significant benefits in offering customers the option of customer service via social media. These benefits include:
- Real-time Response: Urgency is a major customer expectation. The sooner customers receive a response or resolution, the more positively they will view the experience.
- Increased Brand Engagement & Awareness: Many companies use social media for simply publishing content, making it a one-way channel of communication. By engaging with customers online, your company is able to increase awareness and brand loyalty.
- Cost-Effectiveness: When it comes to providing social media customer service, Brand Specialists are able to handle multiple contacts simultaneously. Instead of one to one interactions, it is one too many.
Social media platforms are a vital communication channel that requires special attention to detail. When done right, these platforms can be used as a two-way communication channel between a brand and its customers. By using social media monitoring, brands can search platforms for brand mentions, photos that can be shared to boost marketing efforts at no cost and interact directly with customers.
Global Response knows the importance of thorough social media monitoring. We leverage our technology and operational expertise to ensure that each of our clients gets the most out of all social media monitoring has to offer. Here’s what clients with Global Response can expect when it comes to social media monitoring:
- All-Platform Monitoring – Our team will help you to decide which platforms are most beneficial for your customer base, and outline a detailed plan of monitoring each one to look for brand mentions, and handle inquiries in real-time.
- Centralized Dashboards – All social media monitoring can be found in one centralized dashboard, making finding any information quick and easy. Clients can track a problem’s resolution and monitor individual cases all from one place.
- Analytics and Reporting – Tracking and trending social media interactions with your customers allows you to quickly see what people are saying online about your brand. Our social media monitoring and analytics solutions provide insight into the conversations, engagement, customer service, disposition, and many more metrics necessary to measure your brand’s social media presence.
Social media monitoring is an effective way to form a direct connection with your customers. Companies can not only monitor for positive experiences to share on their own platforms, but also for negative feedback that they can address quickly and use in order to avoid future issues. Many companies already use social media for publishing content. By focusing on social media monitoring and engaging with customers online, your company has the ability to increase awareness and brand loyalty.
In a study conducted several years ago, 86% of customers are more loyal to the brands that they interact with on social media. Global Response understands that social media monitoring is becoming more relevant every year and aids our clients in making the most of this communication channel. Don’t leave social media monitoring out of your customer service strategy and get left behind. Contact Global Response today.