From e-commerce trends to online retail strategy, the Internet Retailer Conference + Exhibition 2017 (IRCE 2017) had it all.
The conference, held June 6-9 at McCormick Place West, Chicago, delivered an agenda with just about something for everyone in the industry. It featured more than 200 speakers lined up by Internet Retailer magazine staff, 130 sessions and nearly 600 exhibitors.
Pre-conference workshops at IRCE 2017
The show opened with pre-conference workshops focused on technology, whether they were related to customer experience, investment, CRM or data. There were far too many sessions led by big-name retailers to list, but here were a few that may have piqued your interest:
- Mapping Customer Experience to Technology Investment, with speakers Chris Hardisty of Puma and Christie Porter of Rachel Roy
- CRM and Loyalty, a Customer Service Tool, with Mark Friedman of Steve Madden
- Data and CRM: The Art and Science of Retail, led by speaker Ali Wing of Maurices
- What to Watch for in 2018: Social Commerce, with speaker Melissa Feemster of Fitz
IRCE 2017 Main Session
The main session started on June 7. And once again, it was difficult to choose between so many compelling sessions. Here were just a few:
- How Sephora Uses Mobile to Deliver Experiential Retail, with Mary Beth Laughton of Sephora
- Turn Omnichannel Fails into Sales: How Stores Can Fix What’s Wrong, led by Tony Fross of Capgemini Consulting
- More than Analytics – How Data Science Drives Personalization, Profit and Innovation, with speaker Mike Zhang of Land’s End
- Creating a Customer Service System that Enables Customers and Reps Alike to Answer Questions, led by David Blackmer of AAPC Customer Solutions
- Customer Lifetime Value: Why Everything You Know is Wrong, led by speaker Jay Dunn of Chief Outsiders
- How to Find and Motivate Seasonal Customer Service Reps, with Stefanie Frenking of Spreadshirt
- Bots Power Journey from Conversional Commerce to Conversational Commerce, led by Zubair Murtaza of Staples
- Text Me – How Retailers Can Engage with Consumers on a Small Screen, with speaker Ross Higgins of Newegg
Hope you enjoyed IRCE 2017!